TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Where the context permits the following words shall have the following
- “AREC” shall mean the Australian Rural Education Centre Co-operative Ltd,
- “the site/s” shall mean the exhibition space Australian Rural Education
Centre, Ulan Road, Mudgee and such other area(s) nominated by AREC,
- “AREC Land” shall mean the land owned by AREC.
- “the Exhibitor” shall mean and include the Exhibitor, its employees or
- “the event” shall mean the event described on the application form.
2. AREC shall have the right to nominate the situation of the sites(s) applied for by the Exhibitor within the areas indicated on the application and the Exhibitor shall only have a license to occupy the site(s) so nominated during the period of the event.
3. The Exhibitor shall not be entitled to assign or part with possession of
the whole or any part of the site(s) without the prior written consent of
4. The exhibitor shall be responsible for the condition of the site(s) during
the period of the Event and upon the close of the event shall clear the site(s) within 14 days of the last day of the event and shall reinstate the same to the condition thereof at the commencement of the license to the satisfaction of the manager of AREC. In the event that the site(s) shall not be cleared and reinstated as aforesaid the Exhibitor shall reimburse AREC for any costs incurred by it in clearing and reinstating the site(s).
5. AREC shall not be held liable for the loss of or damage to the Exhibitor’s property whilst on the AREC Land.
6. AREC shall have the right to sell by public auction or private treaty any
structure or any plant equipment goods or other articles that shall remain
upon the AREC Land after the date referred to in clause 4. hereof and the Exhibitor hereby irrevocably authorises AREC to effect such sale and on the Exhibitor’s part to give full and clear title to the purchaser AND AREC may retain for its own use the proceeds of any such sale.
7. If AREC should find it necessary expedient or desirable to cancel or
postpone the event that this license shall cease to operate upon notice to
that effect being served on the Exhibitor personally or by posting such
notice to him by prepaid post to the address shown in the application and
AREC shall not be liable to the Exhibitor for any compensation whether
on the ground of loss of profits or otherwise in respect of such cancellation or postponement and the Exhibitor shall not be entitled to any refund
or payment of any money paid by the Exhibitor in relation to the license.
8. AREC reserves the right to cancel this license by notice served on the
Exhibitor in the manner provided in clause 6. hereof in the event of an
occurrence or happening which in the opinion of the manager of AREC
justifies it in so doing and without affecting the generality hereof in the
event of any breach of these conditions or if the Exhibitor does not occupy the site(s) at the commencement of and during the full period
of the event AND AREC shall not be liable to pay the Exhibitor any compensation whether on the ground of loss of profit or otherwise or to refund any money paid by the Exhibitor hereunder in respect of such cancellation.
9. The Exhibitor shall not fuel any vehicle’s plant or other equipment within the site except at fuelling points provided by AREC and shall only be entitled to have such motor vehicles (other than for display purposes) on the site(s) or on the site as may be approved by the AREC.
10. The Exhibitor shall effect Public Risk Insurance in respect of its liability whilst within the site and produce evidence thereof to AREC upon request.
11. The Exhibitor shall conform with the requirements of all Acts of Parliament which may govern the erection of structures, the display and/or sale
of machinery vehicles and all other products or goods of the Exhibitor and
the Regulations By– laws and Ordinances made under such Acts. This includes any licenses or permits required for display or trade.
12. The manager of AREC or other person appointed by AREC shall have
the power to enter upon the site(s) of any Exhibitor at any time and remove
any article, sign, picture or printed matter which in his or her opinion
is either not eligible for display or may be the cause of offence.
13. The dropping of advertising leaflets or other printed material from aircraft over the AREC Land is prohibited.
14. The use of amplifiers or loud speakers by an Exhibitor is prohibited
without the prior written approval of AREC.
15. The Exhibitor shall not conduct or permit or suffer to be conducted on
the sites(s) by competition game or sale by auction without prior approval
16. No livestock other than those provided or approved by AREC shall be
brought onto AREC Land.
17. The Exhibitor agrees that 80% refunds are given for cancellations
made in writing by the date listed in the prospectus, and that no refund is
payable for cancellations made later than the advised date.
18. No machinery vehicles goods or other articles displayed shall be removed from the Exhibitor’s site(s) before 4.30pm on the final day of the
19. Any building structure fences etc. erected on any site(s) by the exhibitor
shall be entirely at the risk of the exhibitor who shall be responsible for
its maintenance or protection from damage at all times AND no action
claim or demands shall be made or taken against AREC for any damage
caused whatsoever and howsoever including any action for negligence or
20. Exhibitors shall at all times comply with any directions that may be
given by the manager of AREC whilst the Exhibitor is upon the site.
21. Site sharing—every exhibitor attending the event must submit a completed Application Form, correct public liability Certificate of Currency details
and be allocated a site number. Piggy-backing, sub-letting or sharing
your site with another exhibitor is strictly not allowed. Exhibitors can only
display materials that have a genuine link to their site.